The myAssignments tool allows you to upload/ return files for assignments that you have been set, and to view any marks or feedback that have been given for them by your tutor.
Check-out an Assignment
To check-out an assignment
- go to the class resource page for the class that the assignment relates to
- click on the "Assignments" category
- click on the assignment that you wish to "check-out"
- go to your myAssignments page in myStuff
- click on the 'Summary' tab if its not already selected
- change the 'limit to' drop down to 'all' and click [go]
- any assignments for your registered classes that are not checked out will have a red cross in the 'checked-out' column. Click the yellow check-out icon to check out the assignment.
note: staff may have "auto" checked-out the assignment for you. If this is the case, you do not need to check-out the assignment, you will already have the option to check-in your assignment (see below). However, it doesn't matter if you check-out the assignment again by viewing it.
Check-in an Assignment
Once you have checked-out an assignment, you can use the myAssignments tool to check-in (upload/return) your assignment. You can only upload files if you have checked-out a corresponding assignment.
To check-in an assignment file:
- make sure you have checked-out the correct assignment (see above)
- click on the "upload" tab
- click on the Browse button under "Add file" and a dialogue box will open that you can use to view all the files on your computer
- Move to the drive/ directory where the file you want to upload is, then click the "Open" or "OK" button.
- Select the assignment this file is for from the "for assignment" drop down
- click "OK" and your file will be uploaded - the screen will refresh and you will see the file you have just uploaded under the "Manage" tab
- you should check the file has uploaded correctly by clicking on the "view" link
Note: you can use the File Manager to upload/ manage your assignments if you prefer.
If you upload the wrong file, or wish to update it, you must first delete the checked-in file before replacing it. To delete a file:
- go to the Manage tab
- click the box(es) next to the file(s) you want to delete
- click the "delete selected" button.
- The files you have selected will be deleted.
Note: You cannot delete a file once it has been marked by your tutor. Instead your mark appears next to the file.
To help you better organise your files, you can make directories to store them in.
Type in the name you want to give your directory in the "dir" box press OK. As with files, you can choose to make a directory in a subdirectory by changing the "into directory" box.
Viewing Checked-in Files and Details
You can view a file you have already checked-in by clicking on the view link in the Manage tab.
Depending on the file type and your browser you will either show the file or you will be asked to download the file.
Clicking on the details link (either using the icon on the Summary tab or the link in the Manage tab) will show you a new page which lists:
- the name of the assignment
- the class code
- who set the assignment
- when you downloaded it (if the file was made available via the assignments section of the class resource page)
- when you submitted it
- a mark and any feedback if it has been marked (Some staff may choose to return marks for assignments via the MyExam results tool)
You can delete and re-upload a file for an assignment at any time, up until the point where the tutor has viewed and marked the file (which would typically be the deadline date). Once this has been done, you wont be able to modify the file stored on SPIDER, but you will still be able to view/ download it.
Also see: using file manager to upload assignments