Edit class data
The edit class data page allows you to modify a class. The three tabs give you access to the Class Data, the Teaching Staff & Editors and the Student Tutors & Reps. A typical edit class page is shown below.
The class data section allows updating of the core data relating to the class - name, year, semester, credits etc. and some optional data (see below).
The core data consists of:
- class code
- class name
- class co-ordinator name/ email
- 2nd class co-ordinator name/ email
- note field (supports basic HTML codes)
To make changes:
- change the data or drop down value
- click the  button
Only superadmin level users can change the cluster of a class, class editor and admin level users can update the other core data. Class codes can only be changed by admin level users. It is often better to archive a class if its code changes, and to create a new class for the new class code.
The options section allows you to:
- Limit access to class list: this will 'lock' the class and limit access to the class content to students on the class list and staff who teach/edit the class
- Previous years content: you can set who is able to see content from previous sessions - limit to staff only, students who were in the class that session, or everyone
- Active: is the class active or archived
- Week view:
- None (default) - classes are shown in the standard category view
- Link - show a category link to a week view
- Always - class home page shows week view
- Start date: set the day/month this class starts; optional but is used by week view to determine current week
- Discussion tab: whether to show a tab on the class home page containing recent class discussion postings
- Discussion posts by: used to limit posting to the class discussion to 'class members only' (staff + students on the current class list) or 'any user' (default)
Teaching Staff & Editors
Teaching staff refers to the staff listed on the class home page. Teaching staff are included in the automated class evaluations (if this option is 'on' for your cluster) and can be email copied in class communications. Class editors are people who can alter the content.
To add Teaching Staff / Class editors
Type some of the surname in the Add staff / editors box
Click on the right name to select. The name will now be displayed to the right of the control. Repeat this process as many times as needed if adding more than one member of staff.
Click 'Add these' to add the names to the list.
Class Tutors & Reps
Class tutors are student level users who have teaching support responsibility for a class. Class tutors are assigned to class groups, and for these groups are able to assign exam marks, mark assignments and manage attendance.
Class reps are student level users involved in representing their cohort, typically on staff-student committees. Class reps are able to post news and email copies to the students in the class, and set up class polls.